Friday, October 23, 2015

Back To Work!

Finally have had more hours in the studio. Before my Open Studio on October 10 I started a series called "Places To Sail Away To" and I'm posting some of those here. I have also been working on small (very small, 4 1/2" by 4 1/2") pieces surrounded by maps mounted on 8' X 8" birch panels. This is to eliminate the framing costs, which have reached astronomical amounts after all the collages this year and last. Then there are others that are the same size collage mounted on 6" X 6" panels, with the wood as background/border. Then others where I have covered the 6" X 6" panel with collage, so no border.I seal the collages with medium for protection and I tried was on some of these but I don't like the results so I am discontinuing that approach.

 Places To Sail Away To: Baha
 
 
Places To Sail Away To: France
 
 Places To Sail Away To: The Arctic
 
Places To Sail Away To: Turkey

No comments:

Post a Comment